- CIRTL Home
- About CIRTL
- Professional Development in Learning & Teaching
- International Scholars
- Our Learning & Teaching Community
- Ethics in Learning & Teaching Research
- Learning & Teaching Networks
- News and Events
- Office of the Vice President for Learning & Teaching
- T&L Enhancement Funding
- Connected Curriculum Design Sprint
How to apply for ethical approval in UCC
Non-clinical research which involves human participants falls within the remit of the Social Research Ethics Committee (SREC). Applicants complete an application form (available on the SREC website) and return it by email to email@example.com. On receipt, the application will be forwarded to the committee for review. SREC aims to respond to applicants within a six week period. Guidance documents for SREC applicants, as well as the SREC application form, and sample information sheet and consent forms are all available on the SREC website.
A range of sample information sheets and consent forms are available on the SREC website and can be adapted to individual needs. Resources from a CIRTL Lunchtime Seminar on Research Ethics in Teaching and Learning are available here.