News Archive 2019
2020 Salters' Festival of Chemistry
The School of Chemistry at UCC will be hosting a Salters’ Festival of Chemistry (ages 11-13) on Wednesday 29th April 2020.
The Salters Festival at the School of Chemistry in UCC is one of twenty five such festivals which take place between March and June in the UK and Ireland. Each year, the UK based Salters Company invites secondary schools to participate in Salters Festival by sending a team of four students to represent their school at their regional Salters centre. Students from first and second year are the target audience. The aim of the Festival is to enable young students to explore the fun of chemistry and help plant the seed long term interest in the chemistry and its applications.
About The Day
A day of activities and challenges designed to inspire budding young scientists. Students will experience:
- Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in university/college labs
- Carrying out investigations ‘like a real Chemist’
- Team working and independent problem solving
- Amazing chemical demonstrations
- Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
- Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
Who Can Participate
A school may enter one team of four students from:
Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland.
All students are encouraged to come and take part in a Salters’ Festivals of Chemistry. If you have any questions regarding a specific student’s needs please do not hesitate to get in touch with The Salters’ Institute, Festivals@salters.co.uk
For Chemistry Teachers
- Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
- A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
- Participate in interactive CPD opportunities from our partner organisations.
Only £30 (€35) per team (non-refundable).
How To Apply
Apply for a place at www.festivalsofchemistry.co.uk