Terms of Reference for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
Purpose of EDI Committee
- Raise awareness of the principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the School of Chemistry, working with the University EDI unit and wider partners in support of the University Strategic Plan.
- Support School staff to demonstrate their commitment to EDI and to fulfill their responsibilities to comply with UCC’s regulations, policies and procedures.
- To promote the Athena SWAN Charter principles within the School of Chemistry.
- To prepare Athena SWAN applications for the School; specifically, to conduct self-assessment and to develop and implement three-year action plans for the School.
EDI Committee Membership
- A list of current members is available in the committee section.
- Members are appointed for three years, subject to variation with the approval of the Chair, and subject to arrangements for rotation of membership to ensure continuity.
- A role of Deputy Chair is appointed and to ensure continuity in practice this will be the outgoing Chair to be replaced mid-cycle by the proposed incoming Chair.
- In appointing members, the Chair and committee will ensure (a) an appropriate gender balance, and (b) a diverse mix of roles/grades/backgrounds representing different stages of the career ladder, particularly at the early and mid-career stages, and including student representation, in line with Advance HE guidelines.