Call for papers: Special issue on Ireland - Journal of Co-operative Studies
Call for papers: Special issue on Ireland - Journal of Co-operative Studies 2018
Call for papers: Special issue on Ireland Journal of Co-operative Studies
This special issue of the Journal of Co-operative Studies, for publication in 2019, targets research on and developments in co-operatives in Ireland. Papers sought include full-length academic articles, short reports by practitioners/others as well as think pieces and book reviews.
Papers are welcome across a wide range of topics on co-operation, including co-operative management, governance, performance and leadership in relation to a range of co-operative sectors.
Some examples of research/papers that would be responsive to this call include those:
Designed to clarify and expand our understanding of the uses/relevance of co-operatives in Ireland in the face of
Addressing employment creation through co-operatives and worker ownership;
Examining the policy/legislative/regulatory environment for co-operatives in Ireland;
Addressing co-operative responses to challenges of food systems and/or rural innovation;
Examining co-operative responses to housing, especially housing shortage;
Exploring the future/continued relevance of the co-operative model across a range of activities including
community initiatives or emerging sectors/activities.
Submission and Review Timeline
- Deadline for proposed abstracts (300-500 words): 30 June 2018.
- Lead authors will be contacted with final determination about submissions by 31 July 2018.
- Final submissions due by 1 March 2019.
- Full-length article including abstract, references, tables and figures: 7,000 words.
- Short paper/report including abstract, references, tables and figures: 2,000-4,000 words.
- Think pieces: 1,000 words.
- Book review: 600-1,500 words.
- See Author Information attached for further information.
Proposed abstracts should be submitted to the special issue editors:
Bridget Carroll (Centre for Co-operative Studies, University College Cork) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Olive McCarthy (Centre for Co-operative Studies, University College Cork) at email@example.com
Deadline for proposed abstracts: 30 June 2018.