- Get Experience
- Plan your Career
- Resources to find work
- Graduating in 2019?
- Work Placement
- UCC Works Award
- Information for Employers
- Destinations of Graduates
- Handouts from Talks
- Job Vacancies
- Location & Directions
- Give us your feedback
- Mission Statement and Data Protection Notice
To receive an award through the Volunteering Pathway a student must complete a period of unpaid volunteering in an on or off campus organisation.
- This organisation must be an approved UCC Works organisation.
- Some organisations are already approved.
- If the organisation is not already an approved organisation, they must fill in the Expression of Interest for Volunteering Organisations (14kB) to become an accredited UCC Works volunteering organisation. Once the form is received, the UCC Works Committee will meet and review the application and will contact the organisation to approve or reject their application.
Students participating in the UCC Works Volunteering Pathway are required to dedicated a minimum of forty hours of their time to the organisation. Upon completeing the 40 hours, students are required to complete a UCC Works Reflective Report and update their CV.
You can register for UCC Works on the http://studentvolunteer.ie/ucc website.
To keep track of the hours that you are volunteering, you can now track your hours online :
1) Login to www.studentvolunteer.ie/ucc
2) Click REGISTER (this just registers you on the computer system)
3) Sign up and fill out the form and make up your own password
4) This will allow you into your own unique dashboard.
5) In the “Opportunities” section, select “View More” and register there for the UCC Works Award Volunteering Pathway
6) The next screen will say “nearly there”… this is where you enter a note as to why you are applying. Please enter “I am a member of the XXX
7) Your registration will be pending there, until it is approved.
8) Once approved, you can now begin to log your hours. You can manage and track everything from here.
PLEASE NOTE: Some volunteering positions require Garda vetting which can take up to ten weeks.
Where can I find advertised positions?
Students should apply for the position by contacting a voluntary organisation directly.
Take a look at this guide to Volunteering.... UCC Volunteering Fair 2017 Booklet
Check our Facebook page regularly for updates on new voluntary positions.