This is a period of unpaid work in a campus organisation, usually 40 hours. All the UCC Works Internships are advertised in MyStudentJob.ucc.ie
This is where you will be volunteering in organisations either in UCC or external to UCC. The UCC Homework Club and the UCC Cancer Society are two popular UCC Volunteering routes, and the external organisations must be approved by the UCC Works Committee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information. You must contribute a minimum of 40 hours on this pathway.
Student Life is any contribution to enhancing student life - and giving up your time freely to do so. This is involvement in a variety of Clubs, Societies, uLink Peer Support, being a Class Rep, Students Union, or UCC Health Matters. You must contribute a minimum of 40 hours on this pathway.
This pathway gives participants and entrepreneurial and innovative edge for which employers increasingly search. This pathway is run jointly with the Blackstone Launchpad.
To track your hours and keep an account of the hours you are giving freely, please login to Studentvolunteer.ie/ucc
Instructions are below as an EXAMPLE (pick whichever pathway you are on)
1) Login to www.studentvolunteer.ie/ucc
2) Click REGISTER (this just registers you on the computer system)
3) Sign up and fill out the form and make up your own password
4) This will allow you into your own unique dashboard.
5) In the “Opportunities” section, select “View More” and register there for the UCC Works Award Volunteering Pathway
6) The next screen will say “nearly there”… this is where you enter a note as to why you are applying. Please enter “I am a member of the UCC Cancer Society "
7) Your registration will be pending there, until I approve you all.
8) Once approved, you can now begin to log your hours. You can manage and track everything from here.