- Get Experience
- Plan your Career
- Resources to find work
- Graduating in 2019?
- Work Placement
- UCC Works Award
- Information for Employers
- Destinations of Graduates
- Handouts from Talks
- Job Vacancies
- Location & Directions
- Give us your feedback
- Mission Statement and Data Protection Notice
- Summer Internships last between 2 – 12 weeks and are generally paid. There are some unpaid opportunities but these should be very short in duration and not last more than 4 weeks.
- Some companies will also offer Easter or Christmas internships of a few weeks. However, there will be a limited number of these opportunities available.
You can also check our:
- A-Z of Employers who have recruited UCC students and graduates.
- A-Z of Recruitment Agencies
- Links to Professional Bodies
Iveagh Fellowship Programme- CACSSS
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, in partnership with Saothar, is introducing the Iveagh Fellowship Programme on a pilot basis to assist Irish students identify and participate in high-quality internships in international policy organisations.
Five Iveagh Fellows will be selected by an Expert Panel led by Chief Justice Frank Clarke. Fellows will be awarded €5,000 and mentorship support to help secure internships at internationally recognized organisations. The Fellowship is targeted at students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Those applying for awards must be all of the following at the time of application:
- Irish citizens
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or master’s degree programme in an Irish university
People who receive university accreditation for internships are encouraged to apply.
Learn more by downloading the programme brochure: Iveagh Fellowship Programme 2019
Information includes eligibility criteria and the specific application process for students of UCC. Please note closing date of 5pm, Monday 7 January 2019.
For queries, please contact Dearbhail O’Callaghan, Work Placement Manager Dearbhail.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read gradireland Work Experience & Time Out for more jobs, employers and advice- download here.
- Prospects Work Experience 2014 - Digital copy
- View the YouTube video on Work Experience