The Academic Mentor:
- is the primary point of contact for the student on work placement.
- meets with the student on campus prior to their work placement
- liaises with the student during work placement to make sure all is going well.
- visits or arranges a conference call with the student and Workplace Mentor midway through work placement.
- assesses the student’s performance and manages academic queries.
- gains insight into the placement company and its activities.
- liaises with Work Placement Manager in relation to any concerns/issues around work placement.
- maintains a log of all communication with the students during the placement period.
- meets with the student for a debriefing on campus after work placement.
Academic Assesment for each programme differs. Please select your College below to find the contact details of a Placement Manager who will be able to further inform you of the assesment process.