The Library at University College Cork serves as a gateway to a wealth of information sources to support your research. The Academic Support Team, comprising Subject Librarians, can help you to hone your skills in locating vital information to support your research - there is a nominated member of the team to support every subject area.
At the start of each academic year, a general induction to the library facilities is given by the Graduate Studies Office. This orientation takes about 2 hours and consists of the following:
- An overview of the Customer Services - how to use the self-issue and return machines, inter-library loans, etc.
- A quick orientation of your subject floor and services available.
- The following take place in the library's research skills teaching room with 25 PCs:
- Setting up of a library account so that one can access the library's resources off campus (e.g. databases, 28,000 electronic journals and over 300,000 e-books).
- An orientation of the library's website and catalogue.
- Some basic searching of the main multidisciplinary databases such as JSTOR and Web of Knowledge.
- Internet searching and evaluation.
Boole Library Website