Useful Info & Contacts
Contacts for any issues relating to waste and recycling facilities on campus
For queries on or issues with general waste and recycling:
Gavin Douglas 1890 929470 | M: 086 8102002
Did you know?..........
- Recycling an aluminium can saves the equivalent energy of operating a television set for 3 hours and Recycling two aluminium cans saves the equivalent energy needed to power a PC for one workday.
- 5 plastic soda bottles are enough to make the fibrefill to insulate one ski jacket.
- Recycling one glass jar saves the equivalent energy needed to light a 100-watt bulb for 4 hours.
- Every ton of paper recycled saves enough energy to heat the average home for at least 6 months.
- Laser printer cartridges are easily recycled. Both laser and ink jet cartridges can be refilled, sometimes up to 4 times. For the cartridge manufacturer nearest you, look in the phone book.
- Turn off the water faucet when brushing your teeth. This simple act can save 9 gallon of water every time you brush.
- Laser printers use 300 watts of energy; inkjets use only 10 watts, for similar quality.
- 40% of the energy you use in your home is for heat.
- A double-pane window retains twice as much heat as single-pane window.
- Between 15 and 30 percent of the energy your water heater uses goes to keeping a tank of water hot, just in case you need it.
- Even during a mild winter, you can lose as much energy through one single-pane window as a 75-watt light bulb uses running seven hours a day, 365 day a year.
- Efficiency counts. The most effective new appliances typically use 50% less energy than the most wasteful ones.