UNEP GEMS/Water Capacity Development Centre, based in the ERI, is looking for two full-time assistants, for six months each.
The Centre (https://www.ucc.ie/en/gemscdc/) provides education, training and research to support countries worldwide with their freshwater quality monitoring and assessment as part of the United Nations Environment Programme global monitoring system for freshwater, GEMS/Water. Current key activities of the Centre are the delivery of an on-line MSc programme and a number of short courses for Professional Development, and leading the Capacity Development Consortium within the World Water Quality Alliance (https://communities.unep.org/display/WWQA). The posts are available immediately and will require remote working from home under the supervision of an allocated staff member from the Centre. A reliable internet connection is essential.
The specific tasks to be covered are:
- Supporting students on Canvas by answering queries or forwarding to relevant staff.
- Routine maintenance of modules on Canvas and preparation of the short courses for September.
- An on-line survey of education programmes relating to freshwater quality monitoring offered by Universities in Asia, Latin America and Africa.
- Testing new on-line courses developed by the Centre.
- Handbook layout, preferably using Adobe InDesign.
- Other activities as necessary.
These task will be allocated according to the experience and relevant skills of the selected applicants.
For further information, or to submit an expression of interest and your CV, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org