Tips and Tricks
UCC offers a number of video conference and collaboration solutions. Which option is best suited to your needs will depend on what you are trying to achive. We hope that the scenarios presented here will help you choose the tool best suited to your needs. Key features of our available services have been outlined for you separately.
General Tips for a successful Video Conference
- If organising a VIVA, Exam or Interview where reliability is essential, used a wired Desktop Video Conference connection and test in advance
- Be conscious of leaving the microphone on before and after the conference, or during a private conversation.
- You should know how to : mute your microphone - mute your own screen - share your desktop - use instant chat - invite multiple users
- If using the shared desktop feature, remain logged out of personal email and instant messaging to avoid the display of private messages.
- Have the contact numbers or email addresses of the participant(s) beforehand should you encounter connection issues and need to contact the participants
- If experiencing audio feedback advise particpants to use headphones or advise all particpants to turn down speaker volume in their location.
- For further tips on avoiding echo/feedback at a PC, read this: Microsoft Guide to Avoiding Echo, this guide can be useful for issues with non-Microsoft PCs.