Mirroring Mobile Devices to Displays
Display your device(s) wirelessly to screens using Mirroring 360
Currently available in centrally bookable classrooms/lecture theatres, Digital Arts and Humanities Active Learning Space, Library Creative Zone and in selected meeting spaces.
If Mirroring 360 receiver application isn’t already running on the PC, start it by clicking on the desktop shortcut. If there is no shortcut visible, search for ‘Mirroring 360’ in Windows and open. Then select for the QR code to display (see below).
Once it's running, you will see the window below:
Ensure your mobile device is connected to the UCC wireless ‘eduroam’ network.
Download the FREE mirroring client app relevant to your device following the instructions and links to Apps below e.g. iPad/iPhone, Android or Windows. Once the free sender app has been downloaded subsequent connections will become quicker and easier.
Connect by scanning the Mirroring Assist QR code with the App or by typing the ID number (as per screenshot above).
After connecting you will be prompted to enter a unique passcode displayed on the screen.
Up to four devices can connect simultaneously.
- Download the Mirroring Assist app onto your device. Search “mirroring” in the appstore, or click here if you are using an iOS device.
- Launch the app, scroll down to the “Help me Connect Now” section, and click the “Connect with Mirroring Assist” button. Follow the directions provided and scan the QR code on your computer or just type in the Mirroring ID.
- Go to your Airplay list and you should see the computer name. Click on it, and also scroll down to turn on the “Mirroring” option right below the computer name.
- If the screen is not found in Airplay, scan the QR code a second time and the screen should appear.
Apple device must support Airplay
Download Mirroring360 Sender here (FREE APP) and launch. Or search ‘Mirroring 360 Sender’ in GOOGLE PLAY. Tap on the lower right hand corner to launch Mirroring Assist in the App.
- Follow the directions provided and scan the QR code on your computer or just type in the Mirroring ID.
To mirror an Android device, it needs to run Android 5 (Lollipop) OS
- Download and install Mirroring Assist for Mac.
- Click the Mirroring Assist icon on the menu bar.
- Click “Mirror Screen to Device” and enter Mirroring ID of the computer you want to mirror to in the box. Then click the “Mirror” button to start mirroring.
PC/MAC/CHROMEBOOK– Requires Chrome
- Download Mirroring360 for Chrome here. Download Mirroring Sender (FREE APP) add-on. Search ‘Mirroring’ in the Chrome Web store.
- Open Chrome browser on your Chromebook or computer.
- Click on the Mirroring360 Sender.
- Enter the Mirroring ID on your computer in Step 2 above and press the arrow key to connect.
Requires Chrome browser to work
Depending on your device there can be limitations with sharing audio and video e.g. Android audio is currently not supported.
Remember to be mindful of displaying private data while sharing your Phone/Device to the screen and make sure to disconnect when you are finished using it.
Contact AVMS@ucc.ie for any enquiries relating to the Mirroring 360 Pilot or if you wish to try it out in your area.
Mirroring360 lets you wirelessly share your Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, Android*, Windows, and Mac screens without the need for cables. Start sharing your work, your ideas, and your latest apps with Mirroring360.
Advantages of SCreen MIRRORING:
From anywhere in the classroom or meeting room, share your device screen onto a computer + projector, wirelessly!
Use for classroom participation
Teachers and students can share any content from their devices simultaneously to the computer + projector right from their seats.
Web Meeting OR VC Add-on
Use in conjunction with Panopto, VC, WebEx, GoToMeeting, and join.me – present any app or content from your mobile device or Chromebook computer to a remote audience.
No Cables: Changes what is possible FOR room design
If cables don’t need to be run then this allows for more flexible and moveable furniture configurations.
More information available at http://www.mirroring360.com/