Installing Panopto Recorder
You can install the Panopto Recorder client on any UCC computer or laptop.
Panopto is already installed on all classroom PCs. See the recording facilites of classrooms on our Classroom AV info page.
Minimum requirements for installing on your own PC/Laptop - visit the Panopto site to find the requirements for your device
In you are using a Windows UCC computer or laptop, the best way to install Panopto is via Software Center:
1. Search for Software Center in Windows, open it up and look for "Panopto Recorder" in the list of Available Software
2. Click on the Panopto icon and select "install"
If you are unable to use the Software Center method above, please follow the steps below. NOTE: You will need admin access on your computer.
For a UCC device if you need to do a manual install and require admin rights, please contact email@example.com with the tag or hostname of the device.
1. Go to https://ucc.cloud.panopto.eu
2. Log in with your Canvas account. After you log in, you should see the Download Panopto link as shown in the next step. If it is not visible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the download panopto option does not show log out and make sure to log back in with your Canvas Panopto account.
3. If you click create in Panopto it will prompt you to download a version of Panopto if you don't have it installed. ( note this was previosly located in the top right)
4. Download the appropriate recorder for your computer (either Windows or MacOSX).
5. Install the recorder by executing the file you just downloaded. If you require admin access on a computer, contact the Staff IT Helpdesk.
6. Then you can log in to the application and start recording.