Installing Panopto Recorder
You can install the Panopto Recorder client on any UCC computer or laptop.
Panopto is already installed on all classroom PCs. See the recording facilites of classrooms on our Classroom AV info page.
Minimum requirements for installing on your own PC/Laptop
- Windows 7/10 or Mac OSX installed.
- Recommended processor is a Core i3 or better and 4 GB of RAM - i.e. Most moderns PCs are compatible
- A USB webcam or a built-in laptop webcam to record material. Recording voice only is also possible in Panopto with a microphone and no camera.
- Webcamera microphones or USB Microphones will provide good audio quality.
In you are using a Windows computer, the best way to install Panopto is via Software Center:
1. Search for Software Center in Windows, open it up and look for "Panopto Recorder" in the list of Available Software
2. Click on the Panopto icon and select "install"
If you are unable to use the Software Center method above, please follow the steps below. NOTE: You will need admin access on your computer.
1. Go to https://ucc.cloud.panopto.eu
2. Log in with your Canvas or UCC-ID credentials. After you log in, you should see the Download Panopto link as shown in the next step. If it is not visible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't have a Canvas or UCC email account, please email email@example.com and we will create a Panopto user account for you.
3. Click on the Download Panopto link at the top right corner.
4. Download the appropriate recorder for your computer (either Windows or MacOSX).
5. Install the recorder by executing the file you just downloaded. If you require admin access on a computer, contact the Staff IT Helpdesk.
6. Then you can log in to the application and start recording.