Installing Panopto Recorder
You can install the Panopto Recorder client on any UCC computer or laptop.
Panopto is already installed on all classroom PCs. See the recording facilites of classrooms on our Classroom AV info page.
Minimum requirements for installing on your own PC/Laptop
- Windows or Mac OSX installed.
- Recommended processor is a Core 2 Duo or equivalent and 2 GB of RAM - i.e. Most moderns PCs
- A USB webcam or a built-in laptop webcam to record material. Recording voice only is also possible in Panopto with a microphone and no camera.
- Webcamera microphones or USB Microphones will provide superior microphone qaulity.
To install the software, please follow these steps below:
1. Go to https://ucc.cloud.panopto.eu
2. Log in with your Blackboard credentials. After you log in, you should see the Record button as shown in the next step. If it is not visible, please email email@example.com. If you don't have a Blackboard account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create a Panopto user account for you.
3. Click on the Record button at the top right corner.
4. Download the appropriate recorder for your computer (either Windows or MacOSX).
5. Install the recorder by executing the file you just downloaded.
6. Then you can log in to the application and start recording.