For information on using our classroom Data Projectors and Displays go to our AV Support page.
Most centrally booked classrooms have Web-Cameras installed to facilitate lecture recording.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with camera facilities.
The Logictech C920 cameras also have built in Microphones which facilitate Lecture recording and Video Collaboration.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with microphone facilites.
Most modern Laptops should have sufficient mircrophones and cameras but a headset or echo cancellation microphone (Logitech C920) would help ensure audio quality.
Headsets can be purchased from PC Systems. These can be used to avoid feedback during video Desktop Video Conferencing. See our Video Conference page for more details.
All classrooms have a PC with internet access. All centrally booked rooms have Wi-fi.
We do not supply laptops for loan.
If you have a fault with a PC in a classroom. Please go to our AV Support page to log a fault.
- If you want to use your own laptop in a classroom, you need to connect it to the projection system via VGA or HDMI cable.
- Please check in advance which rooms have HDMI or VGA connectivity on our AV Classroom info page.
- Users are responsible for their own cables and adapters.
- AVMS doesn't supply adapters. For Mac Laptops, please bring an adapter that will connect to HDMI or VGA, this would likely be a USB-C to HDMI adapter or Display Port to HDMI adapter.
- Alternatively go to our Wireless Mirroring page to Mirror your device wirelessly to the main screen.
Advice on the purchase of Audio Visual Equipment
Feel free to drop any of the team an email if you require advice on purchasing Audio Visual Equipment.