Audio Visual Media Services has a small number of portable Data Projectors that can be borrowed from the Audio Visual Media Services office.
There is no charge for this but usually requires a week's notice. Please contact us for more information.
For information on using our classroom Data Projectors and Displays go to our AV Support page.
Most centrally booked classrooms have Web-Cameras installed to facilitate lecture capture.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with camera facilities.
The Logictech C920 cameras also have built in Microphones which facilitate Lecture capture and Video Conferencing.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with microphone facilites.
Most modern Laptops should have sufficient mircrophones and cameras but a headset or echo cancellation microphone (Logitech C920) would help ensure audio quality.
Headsets can be purchased from PC Systems. These can be used to avoid feedback during video Desktop Video Conferencing. See our Video Conference page for more details.
Wireless/Radio Microphones are available for use in selected heavily used rooms. Please see our AV Classroom Info page for a list of rooms with Wireless receivers.
If using a wireless microphone in a classroom, please return Wireless Microphones to their docks after use so they will be sufficiently charged for the next person.
An amplifier may need to be switched on at the presenter Lectern. Usually this will be a rectangular black box labelled amplifier, located below where the PC is.
The Aula Maxima wireless Microphones will need to be collected from the Audio Visual Media Services office.
All classrooms have a PC with internet access. All centrally booked rooms have Wi-fi.
We do not supply laptops for loan.
If you have a fault with a PC in a classroom. Please go to our AV Support page to log a fault.
- If you want to use your own laptop in a classroom, you need to connect it to the projection system via VGA or HDMI cable.
- Please check in advance which rooms have HDMI or VGA connectivity on our AV Classroom info page.
- Users are responsible for their own cables and adapters.
- AVMS doesn't supply adapters. For Mac Laptops, please bring an adapter that will connect to HDMI or VGA, this would likely be a USB-C to HDMI adapter or Display Port to HDMI adapter.
- Alternatively go to our Wireless Mirroring page to Mirror your device wirelessly to the main screen.
Advice on the purchase of Audio Visual Equipment
Feel free to drop any of the team an email if you require advice on purchasing Audio Visual Equipment.