- Film Services
- Video and Collaboration
- AV Support
- Digital Signage
- Graphic Design
- Lecture Recording
- AV Equipment
- Pricing & Policies
- Classroom Technology info
- Wireless Mirroring
For information on using our classroom Data Projectors and Displays go to our AV Support page.
Most centrally booked classrooms have Web-Cameras installed to facilitate lecture recording.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with camera facilities.
AVMS recommends Logitech C920 cameras or similar for use in Desktop or Laptop Video Conferencing.
The Logitech C920 cameras also have built-in microphones which facilitate Lecture recording and Video Collaboration.
Go to our Classroom AV Info page for a list of rooms with microphone facilites.
Most modern Laptops should have sufficient mircrophones and cameras but a headset or echo cancellation microphone (Logitech C920) would help ensure audio quality.
For a microphone that can record everyone in a small room, we would recommend the MXL AC-44 USB microphone.
Headsets are recommended for video conferencing, since you will get much better audio quality and it avoids feedback issues. See our Video Conference page for more details.
Example of a basic USB headset for use with desktop computer and laptops: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, priced around €30.
Example of a Wireless Bluetooth headset for use with computers, laptops and mobile devices: Logitech H800, priced around €95.
Unfortunately due to Covid 19 infection risks, Wireless/Radio Microphones in classrooms are unavailable at the moment.
All classrooms have a PC with internet access. All centrally booked rooms have Wi-fi.
Included software: Windows 10, MS Teams, Panopto, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Skype, VLC Player, Panopto and Wireless Screensharing Software - Mirroring360.
We do not supply laptops for loan.
If you have a fault with a PC in a classroom. Please go to our AV Support page to log a fault.
- If you want to use your own laptop in a classroom, you need to connect it to the projection system via HDMI cable.
- Please check in advance which rooms have HDMI connectivity on our AV Classroom info page. Almost all rooms now have HDMI connection for laptops.
- Users are responsible for their own cables and adapters.
- AVMS doesn't supply adapters. For Mac Laptops, please bring an adapter that will connect to HDMI, this would likely be a USB-C to HDMI adapter or Display Port to HDMI adapter.
- Alternatively go to our Wireless Mirroring page to Mirror your device wirelessly to the main screen.
Advice on the purchase of Audio Visual Equipment
Feel free to drop us an email if you require advice on purchasing Audio Visual Equipment.