Design and installation of AV systems
- AVMS is the principle designer and installer of audio visual systems in UCC. Our goal is to deliver high quality, state of the art, reliable, functional and user friendly systems.
- AVMS design and install tailored AV systems in departmental areas such as seminar rooms, meeting rooms and laboratories.
- We work closely with IT Services, Academic & Support Staff and Buildings and Estates when teaching areas are being developed or upgraded.
- The team are experienced and fully equipped to manage projects from small single room to major AV installations across UCC.
- Most of our installation work is done over the summer holidays when teaching areas are free.
- Our designs follow guidelines set by Avixa – a leading international Audio Visual organisation, taking into account requirements particular to UCC and the teaching community.
- When planning a new audio visual installation AVMS need to be consulted from the outset of the project.
- On large projects AVMS will at all stages need to consult with Project Managers, architects, electricians and end users.
- AVMS needs to be contacted at least one month in advance of any new project, large or small.
- For new installations and refurbishments, AVMS will need to be given full access to work areas and adequate time allotted to complete the Audio Visual portion of the project.
- Individual departments must bear the cost of installation and maintenance of departmental AV equipment.
- AVMS will only install proven, reliable equipment and will not endorse equipment installed by unconsulted third parties.
- The total cost of ownership needs to be considered, taking into account maintenance and lifecycle replacement cost of equipment.