Irish Institute of Korean Studies (IIKS)
Irish Institute of Korean Studies
University College Cork,
Dr Kevin N. Cawley - Director of the Irish Institute of Korean Studies
Ms Shim Youngbo - Korean language instructor
Ms Shim's position is funded by The Korea Foundation (KF):
IIKS NewsIIKS News
Dr Kevin N. Cawley is leading the Irish Institute of Korean Studies, supported by the generous funding of the Academy of Korean Studies in South Korea.
The objectives of the Irish Institute of Korean Studies are:
- To teach the language, history, economics, politics, and culture of Korea in Ireland.
- To promote mutual understanding between the peoples of Ireland and Korea.
- To contribute to the teaching and research capacity of the School of Asian Studies at UCC.
- To facilitate staff and student exchange between UCC and other Irish universities, and partner institutions in Korea.
- To encourage and develop research areas of mutual interest and benefit to Ireland and Korea.
- To increase awareness of Korean society and culture among the general public in Ireland.
- To develop adult continuous education courses in the Korean language and other Korea-related topics.
- To facilitate co-operation and contact between Korean and Irish business and commerce.
One Asia Foundation Lecture SeriesOne Asia Foundation Lecture Series Schedule 2017
Doing Business with KOREA - 2017 WorkshopDoing Business with KOREA - 2017 Workshop
Facts about KoreaFacts about Korea
Visit our Korean Partner Universities
Job Possibilities in Korea
The Republic of Korea is a country in East Asia that has made an unprecedented economic transformation in the span of 60 years. It is an international leader in technology and a country with a long and rich tradition of investing heavily in education. Korea maintains its international competitiveness due to its education system and development of human resource networks. Why not think about teaching in Korea?!