Programme Learning Outcomes
The MSc Human Anatomy award is a Level 9-Master’s Degree and Major Award. Students are eligible for the award of honours on the basis of the marks achieved over the Summer, Autumn and Winter Examination Boards. To be eligible for honours, students must pass all modules.
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the detailed anatomy of the human body.
- Dissect human cadaveric material up to prosection level standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a specific embryological event or sequence of events that leads to the development of a particular body region or system.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the theoretical concepts and practical skills behind different radiological imaging techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of structure and a basic understanding of the function, of thecentral nervous system.
- Work effectively as an individual, in teams and multi-disciplinary settings together with the capacity to undertake lifelong learning.
- Design, conduct, analyse, interpret and present a research project in human anatomy.
- Discuss the ethical issues surrounding the use of human material for research and education.
- Demonstrate the appropriate written and oral communication skills required of the professional practitioner.
- Critically read and analyse data from scientific papers.