The influence of philanthropy on University College Cork has had a significant impact on its growth and development. Continued support from philanthropic sources enables the University meet the demanding challenges of extending, upgrading and providing a campus and facilities to deliver a world class research-led teaching environment.
Philanthropy has supported, and continues to help, many student and teaching services. It enables the University to provide the facilities to deliver these services in a beautiful city-centre campus, one which is developing sensitively within its environment.
Thanks to its continued generous supporters, Cork University Foundation supports a wide range of University projects. The Foundation gratefully acknowledges the tremendous support of all those who have contributed to these successful projects.
Some of the projects which were/are funded in full or in part with private donations:
- Student Disability Support Service
- UCC Plus+ Programme for Disadvantaged Students
- Student Prizes, Scholarships and Fellowships
- Annual Alumni Achievement Awards
- Chairs and Lectureships
- Great Book of Ireland
- Boole Library– Acquisitions and Treasurers Gallery
- Restoration of George Boole House, Grenville Place
- Pedestrian Bridge, Lower Grounds
- Cork Centre for Architectural Education (CCAE)
- Cork University Press - Atlas Series
- Cancer Research
- UCC Endowment Fund
- Jennings Gallery
- Lewis Glucksman Gallery
- Research Programmes