News and Events
ACE Part-Time Lecturer Panel
Adult Continuing Education (ACE) at University College Cork is seeking to create a panel of Part-time Lecturers to cover available hours that may arise during the course of the 2018/2019 academic year.
The positions will involve lecturing on part-time programmes from the suite of programmes offered by ACE at both undergraduate and postrgraduate level. The role can require evening and sometimes weekend delivery of lecturers and will involve teaching, academic assessment and academic administration.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Teaching the subject areas specified in accordance with the module descriptor and programme timetable
- Preparation of all materials related to taught courses and assessment/ correction of assignments and exams as appropriate
- Participating in Programme Teaching Team meetings and annual Programme Committee review meetings as required
- Conducting assessment, monitoring and evaluation of students in accordance with the module descriptor. This includes providing support to students in their learning and adequate feedback on their assessment.
- Participation in Programme Examination Boards may also be required
- Working closely with the respective Programme Coordinators to ensure the successful delivery of the designated programmes
- Ensuring compliance with ACE policies and procedures as required.
More information can be found by downloading our candidate information pack: ACE Part Time Lecturer Information