|NFQ Level||Level 7|
|NFQ Award Title||Special Purpose|
|Fees||€7,900 per student. Funding may be available for eligible participants. See Fees and Costs for full details.|
|Closing Date||2 May 2023|
|Next Intake||May 2023|
UCC and Regional Locations
|Start Date||14 May 2023|
The Diploma aims to provide relevant management education to delegates across all areas of business with specific emphasis on food and beverage manufacturing and operations management. The Programme will also develop interpersonal skills and enhance confidence in each member of the group.
The Diploma design facilitates individuals who wish to study on a part-time basis and integrate their studies with their careers, as well as incorporate their working experience into an accredited learning process. There will be 10 two-day residential modules, based at various locations nationally to accommodate the national spread of participating companies.
During the Programme, participants will be supported by an in-company team to implement an in-company project. Commitment at senior management level is needed to ensure successful implementation.
The Diploma in Food Manufacturing Management will provide you with a management education relevant to the food and drink sector. There is a specific emphasis on food and beverage manufacturing and operations management. The Diploma will also develop interpersonal skills and enhance confidence in each member of the group completing the course.
There are 7 modules in the course totalling 60 credits. Students will also be required to take part in part-time residential, 10 two day residential workshops.
The Modules for the Diploma are as follows:
- FE1841 Team Building and Personal Effectiveness
- FE1842 Food Business Planning
- FE1843 Commercial Acumen in Food Business
- FE1844 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- FE1845 Regulatory and Compliance Management in the Food Sector
- FE1847 Personal and Business Development in the Food Sector
- MG1832 Organisational Development
Students are assessed by end of module written assignments and learning logs, as well as a work-related research project (for which support is provided by the Programme Team).
Why Choose This Course
1. This part-time Programme is the only one of its kind in Ireland. It has been developed and proven to develop management capability and confidence in participants who have experience in the food and beverage sector and who are eager to learn.
2. It is delivered by the Food Industry Training Unit (FITU) in University College Cork which has a proven track record of successfully training thousands of personnel who have benefited from courses over nearly 30 years since FITU was first established.
3. The Programme is residential and is designed to maximise the educational, networking and support of students during each of the ten workshops.
4. The learning is highly customised. All learning and assessment is applied to the individual and their workplace.
5. High expectations are the hallmark of the Programme. The venues chosen are high quality, the material and presenters are highly regarded and are experts in their fields with a proven ability to transfer understanding to enable participants to apply their learning.
6. The Programme participants are closely supported during the entire duration of the Diploma. Each attendee is given ongoing mentoring to maximise their learning and benefit from the Programme.
7. Each participant is met by the Programme Management team in their place of work. This enables a progress review with each participant’s manager and helps improve the impact and relevance of the Diploma for the participant.
Applicants wishing to be considered for entry to this programme:
- Will be at least 21 years of age by April of the year of intake
- Minimum of three year’s industry experience as deemed appropriate by the Academic Programme Director and Programme Director
Diploma programmes are offered subject to a minimum number of eligible applicants from companies registering for the programme.
Fees and Costs
The total cost of the programme is €7,900, payable in 2 instalments (May and January). Skillnet Taste 4 Success funding of up to 25% may be available for eligible participants.
How To Apply
Applications will open shortly.
During your online application you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Birth Cert or Passport
- Passport Photograph