Managing Ethics in Research within the Department of Applied Psychology
Other Ethics Bodies in UCC
Back to Road Map
From the booklet entitled An Introduction to Research Ethics at UCC (1st July, 2007) the ethics bodies in UCC are as follows:
- The Clinical Research Ethics Committee of the Cork Teaching Hospitals
- Note that the remit of this committee comprises [sic] the granting or refusing of permission on ethical grounds for research projects...
- The Animal Experimentation Ethics Committee
- Note that AEEC approval is required for animal experiments carried out by UCC staff.
- The Social Research Ethics Committee
- Note that this committee has ethical oversight of non-clinical research involving human participants.
In addition, the University has published a Code of Good Conduct in Research (July, 2007). This code is also saved as a .pdf file in the .pdf documents section on this site.