The aim of APC’s Budding Biologists Programme for secondary schools is to promote an understanding and appreciation of science in young people and highlight career opportunities in science. The programme provides students with the opportunity to conduct ‘hands-on’ experiments or to carry out their Transition Year work placement in university laboratories. This encourages students to study science at third level, illustrates scientific career opportunities and enhances their science awareness.
Budding Biologists activities for students and teachers include:
- Transition Year Experience Programme 15-19 April 2013 Programme of Acitivites 2012
Download Application form Closing date for receipt of Application is 30 January 2013
- Laboratory workshops at UCC’s Microbiology Department in areas such as microbiology, genetics and immunology.
- School visits by APC scientists giving presentations related to the secondary school Biology curriculum on the digestive system, the immune system, Genetically Modified Organisms(GMOs), Gut Health and Nutrtition (SPHE)
Download Application form
- Debating Science Issues - Munster region co-ordinated by APC
2012 Schools Newsletter and GM Food Resources.
- 2012-2013 DSI competition
- WANT TO WIN A MACBOOK AIR, iPAD 2 OR A NOKIA LUMIA 800 PHONE? Simply visit www.SmartFutures.ie to check out our new student competition where all you have to do is answer an easy question to be in with a chance to win some great prizes!
- SCIENCE TRAX competition; theme: "'Everyday Experiments"; ALL MUSIC GENRES WELCOME!
- CLOSING DATE for entries 30th APRIL 2013