Registration involves officially enrolling on your particular programme, paying fees, presenting specific documentation and receiving your student ID card. This is essentially your first step to becoming a UCC student. In UCC First Year
Registration has two parts to it:
Registration Part 1
This is where students register on-line for their programme and modules,
provide biographical information and pay fees.
Registration Part 2
This is where students attend at the Aula Maxima, at which time they will
receive their student ID cards.
You will receive in the post, your Student Number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) within the next five working days, along with step-by-step instructions on how to register on-line. These two numbers are unique to you and you will be using them for all your student life in UCC.
Registration Part 1, otherwise known as On-Line Registration, is the first essential step to registering for your degree programme. It must be completed before you complete Registration Part 2. On-line Registration should be completed once you receive your PIN in the post. 1 Once you complete On-Line Registration please print Confirmation of Registration before you log off, as this document must be presented at Registration Part 2. Payment of Fees is part of Registration Part 1 and can be made during On-Line Registration, either by Laser, by Credit Card (Visa, or MasterCard) or by requesting a Bank Giro (Fee Payment Form). Should you request a Bank Giro, you must go to the Bank with your Giro for fees payment and the Bank will transfer the money to your UCC student account. It is only possible to pay fees either by Laser, Credit Card or by Bank Giro. Your account is updated immediately when you pay on-line. It will take up to 10 working days to update your account if you request a Bank Giro (which you can do when completing On-Line Registration).
Registration Part 2 takes place over a period - 18th September – 25th
September in the Aula Maxima located in the Main Quadrangle, UCC. This is the day you officially become a student of UCC and receive your student ID card.
The following is a list of documents that you must bring with you to registration:
- Confirmation of On-Line Registration (which you must print after completing Registration Part 1)
- Birth Certificate (long or short version acceptable). Note: only original /certified true copies are accepted (A Certified True Copy is a photocopy of a document that has been authenticated by a Solicitor or Garda). Married students wishing to register in their married name must also bring their Official Marriage Certificate. (Registration Certificate,
not Church Certificate)
- Passport, if you wish to register in the name on your Passport
- PPS Number (available from www.welfare.ie)
- Evidence of Fee payment, if fees are paid by Bank Giro (Bank Giro receipt)
- Letter of grant award from your Local Authority/VEC (if applicable)
- EU students with a school leaving qualification other than the Irish Leaving Certificate must bring original certificate to the Admissions Office, First Floor, West Wing on Thursday 13th September (14:00 – 14:30) or Friday 14th September (09:00 – 12:30) before On-Line Registration.
Any student who completed Registration Part 1 and attends at the Aula Maxima in UCC, and who then transfers to another 3rd level institution as a result of a higher CAO offer, will be refunded the full Registration and Capitation Fees. If you are going to another Third Level Institution:
You may withdraw officially by returning their ID card and completing a student Withdrawal Form, available from Nóirín Deady, First Year Experience Coordinator, Admissions Office.