Mental Health Law Conference & Book Launch
The Faculty of Law, UCC, and the Mental Health Lawyers Association have announced a jointly organised conference on Mental Health Law. The event will take place in Brookfield Health Sciences Complex on Friday 26 February from 10 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
The conference will be followed at 4.30 p.m. by the launch of a new book on Mental Health Law and Practice by Dr Darius Whelan. Dr Mary Henry, former independent Senator, will speak at the launch.
For full details and a booking form for the conference, see www.ucc.ie/en/lawsite/eventsandnews/events/mentalh2010/
Speakers at the conference include:
- Dr Mary Donnelly, Faculty of Law, UCC
- Mr Mark Felton, Solicitor, Chairperson, Mental Health Lawyers Association
- Ms Mary Forde, Legal Officer, Amnesty International
- Ms Áine Hynes, Solicitor, Vice Chairperson, Mental Health Lawyers Association
Mr Hugh Kane, CEO, Mental Health Commission
- Mr Michael Lynn, Barrister at Law
- Mr Diarmaid Ring, Mental Health Service User and Activist
- Dr Darius Whelan, Faculty of Law, UCC
If you wish to attend the book launch or require any further information, you should email email@example.com. RSVP: 19 February 2010