Why did I receive a Supplementary Information form?
You received this form because you ticked the box Disability/Specific Learning Difficulty on part 2 of the CAO on-line application form or on page one of the paper CAO application form.
Do I need to complete this form?
You only need to complete this form if:
- You need to inform the HEIs of specific supports that you need in relation to your disability, and/or you wish to be considered through a supplementary entry procedure, where such a procedure exists (please refer to the relevant HEI prospectuses)
How do I complete this Supplementary Information Form?
- Complete all questions on the form.
- Ensure that the Evidence of Disability Form is completed.
- Ensure that the Second-level Academic Reference is completed.
If I declare a disability, will it negatively affect my application in any way?
Who should complete the Evidence of Disability Form?
Applicants with Specific Learning Difficulty should attach a copy of their Educational Psychologists' report to the back of the Supplementary Information Form. Educational psychologists' report must be current i.e. carried out within the last 5 years. All other applicants must have the Evidence of Disability Form completed by a Medical Consultant/Specialist. General Practitioner (G.P.) letters will not be accepted as suitable medical evidence.
What happens to the completed form once it is sent to the CAO?
The CAO will forward your information to the relevant HEIs to which you have applied. All information is treated in the strictest confidence. HEIs will contact you directly if they require clarification or further details from you.
If I have difficulty in completing this form whom can I contact?
If you have any difficulty in completing this form please contact the Central Applications Office.
When is the closing date for returning the completed form to CAO?
You must return the completed form to CAO no later than the date printed on the label on page 1 of the form.
Where do I return my completed form?
Please return the completed form, together with the necessary supporting documentation to:
Central Applications Office,
Final Reminder Checklist:
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Evidence of Disability Form or Educational Psychologists' report, as appropriate
- Second-level Academic Reference