The Blackboard service in UCC
Blackboard is a course website creation and management package. It allows staff to add an online component to traditional classes. Facilities for creating web-based learning support services are available (student email contact, discussion groups, file uploads, electronic file submission, and web pages for reading lists, course material, announcements, and many other features).
- Blackboard is available to all staff and students in UCC. You need a UserID (login name) and password to use it. Your UserID is the same as the local-part of your UCC email address (the bit before the @-sign). Staff passwords are assigned by the Learning Technologies Unit. Student passwords are set to their UCC PIN.
- Staff requiring access should contact the Learning Technologies Unit.
- Student logins are set to their UCC Student Number and their password is their PIN (available from the Registrar's Office).
- The Blackboard service in UCC is at http://blackboard.ucc.ie/. Once you have a UserID you can create courses (staff) and enrol in courses (students).
- Training courses in the use of Blackboard run throughout the year. Further details are available from firstname.lastname@example.org.