This group is focusing on:
- Widening awareness of the diploma supplement linked to student achievement, including the UCC Works award, therefore increasing the number of students learning through co-curricular experiences, enhancing employability.
- Developing strategies to increase support for students who work part time (particularly on campus work) whilst studying.
- Exploring the uses of e-based personal development plans and portfolios.
- Exploring the awarding of credits for extracurricular learning and development.
- Developing a cross university modular program focused on student development.
- Increasing links to UCC alumni to enhance student employability activity.
Outcomes to date include:
- UCC Works Award now being recorded on the Diploma Supplement
- New part-time jobs portal, MyStudentJob.ie, launched in collaboration with the SU
- Summary Student Development Mapping document completed.
Scoping a university-wide student personal and professional development module