Student IT Services FAQ
- What is Blackboard used for?
- How do I access Blackboard?
- I forgot my password what do I do?
- What do I do if my modules are not listed on my course page?
- I'm having trouble accessing my Blackboard modules/content?
- I'm still having trouble with my account who do I contact for help?
Blackboard is an academic website used by many lecturers on campus as a communication tool for their courses.
- Online Access to lecture notes
- Online discussions
- Assignment Submission
You must be a fully registered student to logon to blackboard.
Blackboard can be accessed through portal@UCC
- Log in to portal@UCC
- Username: Student Number
- Password: Portal Password
- Click on the icon labelled Blackboard
- Enter the log in details again if required
Alternatively you can access Blackboard directly from http://blackboard.ucc.ie Use the log on details specified above.
The portal@UCC password is used for accessing Blackboard.
- If you are a newly registered student, and you have yet to get your portal@UCC password, it will be posted to your registered address.
- If you were in UCC last year, your portal@UCC password will be Ucc*xxxxx where xxxxx is your PIN
If you have forgotten your portal@UCC password, use the forgotten password option on the portal@UCC login screen.
- This requires that you have a secondary email address set up. If you do not have a secondary email address set up please call to the Boole Basement Helpdesk, the staff there will assist you.
Blackboard is automatically synced with your student registration, so if you cannot see all your modules on Blackboard, it means that either your lecturer has not enabled your module, or you are not fully registered for that module.
To see which modules you are registered for, log onto portal@UCC at http://sit.ucc.ie and go to MyStudentAdmin.
In all cases, please allow a day or so for your registration information to be reflected on Blackboard.
The problem may be with your browser or plugins. You can use this browser checker: https://blackboard.ucc.ie/browsercheck in order to make sure you have no blocked pop-ups, and that you have all the required plugins for full Blackboard accessibility.
You can also try running Blackboard in a different browser, for example Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox.
If you are still having you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com