Welcome to the UCC Wind Energy research group homepage. We are a team of academics, professional researchers, PhD and master students working on technologies to help exploit one of the most economical and technically mature renewable sources of electricity: wind.
Our research focuses on the following themes:
- wind power forecasting systems development and applications;
- the wind resource in coastal and offshore areas under fluctuating atmospheric stability conditions;
- wind energy storage technologies as integrator for wind power within the electrical grid, with particular emphasis on large scale energy storage such as pumped hydro energy storage;
- modelling wind power plants combined with pumped hydro energy storage systems to establish technical and financial feasibility and grid integration;
- multi-agent distributed control of renewables in microgrids;
- advanced control of wind energy conversion systems.
Follow us on twitter.com/uccwindenergy