College Technical Advisory Group Membership
John Barrett - School of Engineering
Maurice Conway - School of Food and Nutritional Sciences
Mary Murphy - School of Life Sciences
Donnacha O’Connell - Department of Chemistry
Patrick A O’Reilly - School of Life Sciences
Joseph Sheehan - Department of Physics
College Technical Advisory Group Terms of Reference
- The Advisory Group (AG) will report back to the section committee and all technical officers. It will have no decision making capabilities.
- The AG does not deal with Human Resources (HR) issues.
- (a) The Technical Officers from the AG will attend scheduled meetings of the College Council. Agendas and documents will be circulated to all members of the AG when being circulated to all members of the College Council.
- (b) The AG will meet with the College Management Team and the Head of College as the need arises.
- All formal meetings of AG with CMT and/or HOC will have an agenda issued to all members of the AG at least five working days before the meeting.
- The AG is a means for Technical Officers to make a contribution to the governance of SEFS with regard to all areas of technical responsibility, which includes but not exclusively:
- Resource allocation for laboratory equipment, instrumentation, consumables.
- Introduction of new teaching programmes and changes to current courses.
- Budget allocation for effective technical support.
- Training, personal development, up-skilling, use of new technology.