Services to Business
The Department provides, on a full economic cost recovery basis, the following services to industry :
- Executive Management Development Courses
- Workshops and Contributions to Industry Training Programmes
- Applied Business Research
The Department is active in the Executive Management Development (EMD) area. We offer courses to industry in both generic management and marketing skills and in particular targeted areas based on:
1. functional business skills needs
e.g. human resources, strategic management, market research, market segmentation, new product development, supply chain management or
2. market/industry segments
e.g. health care and pharmaceutical, retailing, the food industry, electronics, high tech, or iveutice.
Some courses are accredited, others are not (accreditation depends on the length and duration of the course and the scope for examining participants).
The Department also runs or contributes to core UCC programmes that fall within or straddle EMD:
- Executive MBA
- BSc (Credit Union and Mutual Business) (run by Dept of Food Business & Development)
- Part-Time Diploma in Management and Marketing
- Diploma in Personnel Management (run by Adult Continuing Education)
- Diploma in Corporate Direction (run by Food Industry Training Unit)
- Certificate/Diploma in Food Retailing (run by Dept of Food Business & Development)
To discuss any business education or research needs you may have, please contact the Department at: 021-4903375/4902940.