IT support for researchers
See below for a full list of all the services.
There are pending updates and changes to the UCC Thesis document class. We need to know the views of users before we start work.
Summary: Software and systems for research projects and individual researchers, including postgraduate research.
Primary users of this service: Researchers, Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: Peter Flynn | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +353 21 490 2609 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Peter Flynn | E: email@example.com | T: +353 21 490 2609 | IT Services |
Strategic Focus: Research, Staff Experience, Student Experience, Teaching & Learning
Research IT is supported by a collection of permanent services as well as advice and experimental or ad hoc services.
For research projects:
- Web sites for publicising existence and progress
- Mailing lists for communication between researchers and partners
- Cloud services for information storage
- Research blogs (Wordpress)
For individual researchers:
- Eduroam to log into local wireless when visiting other institurions
- Your IRIS profile (details, login)
- Your ORCID (unique author identifier)
- Online surveys for gathering your data
- UCC business cards in small quantities (coming during 2014)
- Typographic support for theses, books, articles, etc (LaTeX)
- Experimental services can be installed for limited duration, depending on the hardware and software required
- Research software advice and location