Office 365 is a suite of online applications. These are office applications plus other productivity services that are enabled over the Internet (cloud services), such as Skype for Business web conferencing and hosted email for business. UCC will be deploying these applications from November 2015.
Migration of staff Email
We will be migrating staff email accounts from the servers in UCC's datacentre to Microsoft’s datacentre.
You will continue to use MS Outlook on your laptop or desktop to access your email as normal. Those accessing their accounts from email.ucc.ie will notice a new login page.
- Larger mailbox size - 50GB plus 100GB archive
- Free Microsoft Office
- Skype for Business
- Unlimited Storage
Please see here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Our plan is to roll out Office 365 department by department. If you would like to move to office 365 sooner please review the following:
- Public Folders will not be accessible in the short term. We are working with Microsoft on changing this.
- Shared mailboxes – While you are still able to access them, you may not be able to send as them until they are migrated too.
- You may come across something unexpected and we may not have the answers straight away but will do our best to resolve.
We strongly recommend that you upgrade to Office 2016 for both PC and MAC to get the best experience from Office 365. This can be completed prior to migration.
If you would still like to be migrated early, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a date and time with you.
Moving your email to Office 365 should have very little impact on you and should be relatively seamless. You will instill be able to access email on your phones, tablets and Outlook client. The web page for the web access version version of Outlook (OWA) will be one of the things that change.
You will still be accessing this through the same url, https://email.ucc.ie, but the page will look like the above. Until your mailbox is moved, the web version of UCC staff email will look exactly the same after logging in, but the address bar, will change to legacy.ucc.ie. You can continue to logon with Domain\username if you wish but we recommend using your @ucc.ie email address and password as this is what will be used for other online services.
The old logon page is shown below for reference.
From early November 2015, the login screen will change for EVERYONE in UCC to the following login screen:
- November 24th 2015: Change of email logon page for all UCC Staff
- December 1st 2015: Pilot for IT Services & Department of Nursing and Midwifery
- February 2016: Phased launch to All Departments in UCC