IT Services wishes to raise awareness of the importance of IT Security throughout UCC. From this site you will be able to find information on:
- Detecting Email Scams
- Phishing is a form of social engineering. Phishing attacks use email or malicious websites to solicit personal information by posing as a trustworthy organisation.
- From time to time IT Services reward security savvy staff! Click to take our Phishing Challenge and to see if a prize draw is running.
- Anti Virus Software
- Any laptop or PC connected to UCC’s network must have the latest Anti Virus installed. Those purchased through IT Services will already have anti virus installed.
- Encryption Services
- Data security is of critical importance. Laptops may be lost or stolen leading to unauthorized or unintentional disclosure of the information stored on them. If you store sensitive data on your laptop please avail of UCC’s IT Services Encryption service.
- IT Policies
- To view UCC’s IT Security Policy and Acceptable Usage Policy and other useful guidelines please visit our IT Policy page
In addition to the above information, Hacked is an insightful RTE programme illustrating the reality of cyber threats, including criminals targeting personal banking and healthcare, as well as national power grids and transport systems. Watch the full episode online.