IT support for researchers
See below for a full list of all the services.
Summary: Software and systems for research projects and individual researchers, including postgraduate research.
Primary users of this service: Researchers, Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: Peter Flynn | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +353 21 490 2609 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Peter Flynn | E: email@example.com | T: +353 21 490 2609 | IT Services |
Strategic Focus: Research, Staff Experience, Student Experience, Teaching & Learning
Research IT is supported by a collection of permanent services as well as advice and experimental or ad hoc services.
For research projects:
- Web sites for publicising existence and progress
- Mailing lists for communication between researchers and partners
- Cloud services for information storage
- Research blogs (Wordpress)
For individual researchers:
- Eduroam to log into local wireless when visiting other institurions
- Your IRIS profile (details, login)
- Your ORCID (unique author identifier)
- Online surveys for gathering your data
- UCC business cards in small quantities (coming during 2014)
- Typographic support for theses, books, articles, etc (LaTeX)
- Experimental services can be installed for limited duration, depending on the hardware and software required
- Research software advice and location