On Friday 17th June, President Michael Murphy launched the 2016 UCC Sustainability Strategy. UCC is regarded as Ireland's 'Green University' and in combination with the University's Strategic Plan 2013-2017 the implementation of this Sustainability Strategy will further enhance this reputation and performance.
To download the Strategy please click on the following link - Sustainability Strategy June 2016 (2,512kB)
The key areas for implementation of the sustainability strategy include
- Sustainability Citizenship,
- Teaching & Learning,
- Food, Health & Well-being,
- Landscape, Heritage and Natural Resources,
- Recycling & Waste Management,
- Energy, Water & Climate Change,
- Procurement & Contracts,
- Commuting & Business Travel
These categories mirror those of the Green Campus Programme. We aim to streamline sustainability management in the university through both of these processes and approaches.