Language Centre and CACSSS new Language Laboratories
We are proud to announce the new computer facilities available in the two language laboratories on the ground floor of the O’ Rahilly building.
Both laboratories have been fully equipped with the latest information technology facilities. They are for use by all students studying languages in the Language Departments in CACSSS, by all Language Centre students, and by all UCC staff and students who wish to make use of the self-access facilities.
For more information, come and visit us on the ground floor of the O’ Rahilly Building, or email us. We look forward to seeing you.
At the University Language Centre we have the best of facilities that are available to all language centre students, UCC students, and those who wish to study and practise independently.
We have a fully equipped Self-Access Language Laboratory where you can study independently or with the assistance or guidance of one of your teachers. Students find this facility to be a great help as they prepare for examinations, or just for studying English.
No matter what level you are, or what area of language you wish to study, you will find books, cassettes, videos, and internet resources to help you in the Self -Access Language Laboratory. We have a very well stocked library of English Language resource materials.
What can I do in the Self-Access Centre?
In the Self-Access Centre learners of all levels can use the centre to improve and develop language skills.
In the centre you can:
- Study at your own speed;
- Practise your pronunciation and record yourself speaking;
- Practise your grammar and vocabulary using one of the many available books;
- Practise and develop your reading, listening, and writing skills;
- Use our software packages to help you to learn English;
- Use the Internet to find websites related to learning English;
- Practise for the Cambridge and IELTS examinations;
- Watch English language videos and DVDs;
- Arrange a language exchange with someone who wants to learn your language;
- Become an independent language learner;
- and maximise your language learning potential.
Also, all students on the Intensive 20-hour programme are entitled to free membership of the University Leisure Centre.
For more information contact + 353 (0)21 490 3248, or call into the Centre - Room G.25 in the O' Rahilly Building at UCC. Also you can email email@example.com