Policy on the use of Lockers Brookfield Health Sciences Complex
1. Lockers are available for use by all students using the Building.
2. Any available locker may be used for a period of 1 day.
3. A refundable deposit of €1 is payable for the use of the locker.
4. To avail of a locker, place a €1 coin in the slot on the inside of the door.
5. Close the door and lock with the key.
6. When you re-open the locker with the key, the €1coin drops from the slot and is re-funded to you.
7. Lockers are checked early every morning and any locker not emptied will be opened by Security and the contents removed. Contents will be disposed of after 2 weeks and the contents donated to charity or disposed of. Text-books will be given to the Library.
8. If you lose the key of your locker, please contact Security. A charge of €5 will apply for a replacement key.
9. In the interest of security, it is the responsibility of each student to remember the locker number which they have in use.
Procedures to be followed by Security Staff:
1. Each morning all lockers should checked to ensure they are empty.
2. Those that are not empty should be opened in the presence of 2 people and the contents removed and signed off by both parties.
3. Place items in a black plastic bag and place a label on same with Locker No.and date items were removed.
4. Keep items in a safe place (area to be designated by Facilities Manager). Enter details in Locker Register (ie. Locker No. Date and Time items removed and signature of both parties – space to be allowed for recipient to sign for contents with date and time).
5. To claim contents of a locker, students must specify details of contents and produce their Student ID card. Contents must be signed for before they are handed over.