Brookfield Facilities Management
The Facilities Management Office in Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, under the auspices of the Director of Buildings and Estates, is a stand alone facilities management structure acting as a single point of responsibility for all Building and operational related services within Brookfield. It is a new departure for the University, being driven by the continuing focus on developing customer accountability and management structures, in support of the University’s core functions of teaching and research. Together the Brookfield Facilities Management Team aim to be the customer interface delivering an effective and efficient service to all Brookfield Building occupants and users. The Complex includes: the College of Medicine & Health, the School of Nursing & Midwifery, School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Department of General Practice, Speech and Hearing Sciences, Department of Occupational Therapy, Health Sciences Library, Fraîsche Restaurant and Creche Cois Laoi. As the University continues to expand and evolve and in light of new University legislation, the Brookfield Facilities Management team, on behalf of UCC’s Buildings and Estates, take responsibility for the day to day management of the facility. Accordingly, these duties include all building services, operations and maintenance, safety, security, cleaning, catering, building and ground maintenance and trouble shooting at Brookfield Campus, while providing a customer focused - friendly atmosphere.
The Facilities Management Team comprises of the following:
- Facilities Manager;
- General Services Supervisor;
- Facilities Foreman;
- General Operative;
- Senior Executive Assistant;
- 6 no. Security and Services Operatives
Listed below are the duties that and responsibilities of the Facilities Management Team:
- Plan and review users’ requirements to support their needs and objectives.
- Implement the College’s Permit to Work System within Brookfield;
- Manage a computerised co-ordinated Maintenance Helpdesk system;
- Liaise and provide services to all Conference, Seminars and other event organisers;
- Implement Refreshment Policy in Centrally Booked Rooms;
- Implement the Policy on the Use of Lockers;
- Liaise with the College Safety Officer in relation to UCC’s safety strategy and implementation of the safety statement for the Complex.
- Liaise with the College Fire Consultant in relation to UCC’s fire prevention strategy.
- Implement car parking & access policy in line with UCC’s Commuter Plan.
- Manage the provision of effective premises cleaning;