University College Cork is Ireland’s first five star university. UCC has a proud tradition of preparing people for the world since it was founded in 1845. UCC is interested in the whole person. The university has professional connections that ignite our students’ futures and ensures that they are not just work ready, but world ready. The synergy of the university’s tradition of independent thinking with these professional connections is well represented in its association with Blackstone LaunchPad.
Blackstone LaunchPad is a campus-based experiential entrepreneurship programme open to students, alumni, staff and faculty offering coaching, ideation and venture creation support. It is modelled on a successful programme originated at the University of Miami and was further developed and expanded by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation.
- UCC’s Blackstone LaunchPad entrepreneurship development programme is available to all students, staff and alumni.
- The programme has full-time staff dedicated to work one-on-one with you to develop your business ideas.
- Support is available free of charge and you can use it as often as you want and for as long as you want to develop and realise your business idea.
- It is already established at over 20 universities in the USA and is also being rolled out at TCD and NUIG.
- It is located in the new Library Creative Zone on Q Floor, Boole Library.
The Blackstone LaunchPad at UCC was officially opened on 3rd March 2016.
Where To Find Us