- The following terms and conditions apply to the International Women’s Day Competition Draw ("the Draw") organised by the UCC Alumni Office which will run from 8th March to 10th March inclusive.
- Anyone who enters the Draw (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a draw the decision of UCC will be final. UCC's decision in relation to selection of prize winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any person found to be in disregard of these terms and conditions will be disqualified automatically.
- UCC reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion, such discretion to be exercised in a reasonable manner.
- UCC will make every effort to ensure that any information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, but would appreciate your help in informing us of any changes. You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal data held about you and to have any inaccuracies in such personal data corrected. If you wish to avail of this right, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, University College Cork, Western Road, Cork.
Details of the Draw:
- To enter the Draw an entrant must tell us what woman inspired you during your time at UCC by commenting on Facebook.
- UCC does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost or not properly registered or recorded; any such entries will be declared invalid. Entrants hereby waive any claim whatsoever for any losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any such problems.
- The winner of the Draw will be drawn out of all eligible Facebook comments as selected by the Alumni Office, UCC.
- The winner will be announced on 14th March 2017 on the UCC Alumni Network Facebook page. By entering the Draw the Entrant consents to their name, hometown and likeness being published in such a manner if they are declared the winner of the Draw. The winner shall also be notified by private message on Facebook, which will contain details of how to claim the prize. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner does not notify their acceptance of the prize before 17th March 2017, or fails to comply with any other instructions or time-limits notified to them, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winners’ name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as UCC may require.
- Entries may be featured in UCC communications and on social media.
- UCC reserves the right at its sole discretion not to accept any entry deemed improper, immoral, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing in nature.
- Facebook does not sponsor, endorse or administer this competition. Any information you provide is provided to UCC and not to Facebook. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook.
- The Draw is open to alumni of UCC. Only one entry per Entrant is permitted. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- UCC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. UCC may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless UCC is satisfied with the verification.
- One winner will be selected. The prize for the winner is as follows:
- Three books sponsored by Lowercase Bookshop, UCC.
- No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize.
- The books cannot be extended or exchanged.
- UCC reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value (as determined by UCC) if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winners.
- Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, UCC accept no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winners are required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with the specified third party provider(s).
- Any personal data collected and recorded is for the purposes of entering the Draw and for updating the Entrant’s details on the Alumni database. The data will be held securely and confidentially in line with UCC’s data protection policy.
- If the Entrant is declared a winner in the Draw the Entrant’s name, hometown and likeness may be disclosed to third parties for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity and by entering this Draw the Entrant confirms that they consent to this information being processed in this manner.
- UCC will make every effort to ensure that any information we hold about the Entrant is accurate and up-to-date, but would appreciate your help in informing us of any changes. You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal data held about you and to have any inaccuracies in such personal data corrected. If you wish to avail of this right, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, University College Cork, Western Road, Cork.
- UCC reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a Draw and/or vary Draw terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Neither UCC nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will UCC have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any UCC Draw or any of the prizes rewarded.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and the Irish courts shall have jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to them.
- The terms and conditions represent the entire agreement relating to the Draw and/or the prize and supersede any prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). No variation of the terms and conditions is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of UCC in writing.
- The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these terms and conditions does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the terms and conditions.