Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: T303008
Finn and Grainne
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
translated by Kuno MeyerElectronic edition compiled by Ruth Murphy
Funded by University College, Cork
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text:
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of the Department of History, University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2009)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: T303008
Available with prior consent of the CELT project for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
Manuscript of the Irish text
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy MS 535, olim 23 P 2 olim Book of Lecan, ff. 181a, 2. This vellum MS was complied for Giolla Iosa Mór Mhic Fhir Bhisigh before his death in A.D. 1418. Digital images of the Book of Lecan can be viewed on the website of the ISOS Project (http://www.isos.dias.ie/english/index.html).
Related subject matter
- Sir W. Wilde, Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, vol. 7, pp. 184191. [An Irish poem on the same subject.]
- Reliquiae Celticae I, pp. 7275. [A Gaelic poem on the same subject.]
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Finn and Grainne in Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie. volume 1, Halle/Saale, Max Niemeyer (1897) page 460461
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present electronic text covers Kuno Meyer's translation on pp. 46061.
Text has been proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text.
Direct speech is marked q.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, this break is marked after completion of the hyphenated word.
div0=the whole text. Paragraphs are marked p.
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles.
Created: By Kuno Meyer (c.1896)
Use of language
Language: [EN] The translation is in English.