Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: T301042
Scél Baili Binnbérlaig
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Translated by Kuno MeyerElectronic edition compiled by Beatrix FärberProof corrections by Beatrix Färber
Funded by The HEA via PRTLI 4
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 2100 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland (2009)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: T301042
Available with prior consent of the CELT project for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
Manuscript source for the Irish text
- London, British Library, MS Harl. 5280, fo. 48a-b.
- Eugen O'Curry, Lectures on the Manuscript Materials of Ancient Irish History, Dublin 1861, 465468.
- Vernam Hull, The Text of Baile Binnbérlach mac Buain from MS 23.N.10 of the Royal Irish Academy, The Journal of Celtic Studies 1 (1950) 9497.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Scél Baili Binnbérlaig in Revue Celtique. Volume 13, Paris, Émile Bouillon (1892) page 220225
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The electronic text covers pages 220221 and 224225. O'Curry's translation of the poem is integrated with minor editorial changes.
Text has been proof-read once.
The electronic text represents the edited text including footnotes.
Quotations are rendered q.
When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, the page-break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word (and punctuation).
Names of persons (given names) and places are not tagged.
Created: Translation by Kuno Meyer
Use of language
Language: [EN] Introduction and translation are in English.
Language: [GA] Some words are in Middle Irish.
Language: [LA] Some words are in Latin.