Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: E850004-015
Author: Thomas Osborne Davis
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionT. W. Rolleston
Electronic edition compiled and proof corrections by Beatrix Färber, Sara Sponholz
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 1120 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2011)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: E850004-015
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- First published in the Nation.
Other writings by Thomas Davis
- Thomas Davis, Essays Literary and Historical, ed. by D. J. O'Donoghue, Dundalk 1914.
- Sir Charles Gavan Duffy (ed.), Thomas Davis, the memoirs of an Irish patriot, 1840-1846. 1890. [Reprinted entitled 'Thomas Davis' with an introduction of Brendan Clifford. Millstreet, Aubane Historical Society, 2000.]
- Thomas Davis: selections from his prose and poetry. [Edited] with an introduction by T. W. Rolleston. London and Leipzig: T. Fisher Unwin (Every Irishman's Library). 1910. [Published in Dublin by the Talbot press, 1914.]
- Thomas Osborne Davis, Literary and historical essays 1846. Reprinted 1998, Washington, DC: Woodstock Books.
- Essays of Thomas Davis. New York, Lemma Pub. Corp. 1974, 1914 [Reprint of the 1914 ed. published by W. Tempest, Dundalk, Ireland, under the title 'Essays literary and historical'.]
- Thomas Davis: essays and poems, with a centenary memoir, 1845-1945. Dublin, M.H. Gill and Son, 1945. [Foreword by an Taoiseach, Éamon de Valera.]
- Angela Clifford, Godless colleges and mixed education in Ireland: extracts from speeches and writings of Thomas Wyse, Daniel O'Connell, Thomas Davis, Charles Gavan Duffy, Frank Hugh O'Donnell and others. Belfast: Athol, 1992.
Thomas Osborne Davis O'Connell's statue in , Ed. T. W. Rolleston Thomas Davis: Selections from his prose and poetry. The Talbot Press, Dublin and London, () page 342344
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
Text has been proof-read twice and parsed.
The electronic text represents the edited text.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (and subsequent punctuation mark) crosses a page-break, this break is marked after the completion of the word (and punctuation mark).
div0=the poem. Page-breaks are marked pb n="".
Dates are standardized in the ISO form yyyy-mm-dd.
Names of persons, places or organisations are not tagged.
Created: by Thomas Davis
Use of language
Language: [EN] The text is in English.
Beatrix Färber (ed.)
- File proofed (2), file parsed; header completed; SGML and HTML files created.
Sara Sponholz (ed.)
- File proofed (1), structural and content markup applied; header created.
Audrey Murphy (ed.)
- Text captured by scanning.